Here is why Blogger won us over:
- Design: Blogger has more customizable templates. Since our industry is all about "design" this is a very important factor.
- Colors: The subject line, hyperlinks, and font colors can be customized to match the branding of your company.
- Anti-spam: Includes an anti-spam feature when visitors post article comments.
- Dashboard: You are automatically logged into your Dashboard allowing you access to multiple blogs that you have created.
- Easy Edits: Edit tools (pencil & wrench) are viewable on blog for owner & authors to make it very easy to edit an article or add another link to your sidebar. (You will not see these tools when viewing our blogs, since you are not an author.) (See screenshot)
- Postings: Post dates can be edited as needed.
Blog Images: To sign up for Blogger, you will be prompted to create a Google account. Once this account is created, you will automatically be signed up for Picasa Web Albums. Picasa Web Albums stores all the images for your Blogger. Eventually, you will need more space to store your images; you can purchase 10GB for only $20 per year.
Posting: Once your blog is created, it is very easy to add articles. When you sign into your Dashboard, simply select "New Post" and you are ready to begin. Next week we will focus on how to keep content fresh and to entice readers to keep coming back.