7.13.2011

My Dogs Ate My Rendering!



Below is an email Merlyn received after today's Studio Live webinar. Merlyn copied me on the email and I laughed out loud when I read it. Susann gladly gave us permission to post her email. It is really funny when things like this aren't happening to you.

Enjoy!

"Hi Merlyn, Great webinar today (as usual!). I have to tell you about how Studio saved me a trip recently... I have two dogs that I rescued 5 years ago. They were holy terrors when I first got them and have come a long way since then, but they still have a few "quirks" that drive me crazy. I had just heard from a client that she wanted to go with one of my renderings for her MBR, and she asked me to send her a quote. I said sure, got her folder out and went to another room to get my calculator. By the time I got back to my desk, her folder had been ripped to shreds and partially eaten by one (or both, who knows?) of the dogs. (Yeah, two years ago they did that to my taxes just as I was going to deliver them to my accountant). Anyway, as I sifted through the shards of paper, I found my initial measurements showing all but the length of the window being quoted. I wanted to get that quote in the mail that day and not have to wait a few days to go out to measure yet again. Then it dawned on me...when I did the rendering for that window, I did it on a photo and used the set scale tool. So, I checked the rendering and had the measurement that was close enough to do the quote! Bet you haven't heard that one before!! I told the client (who also has dogs) who got a big kick out of the story (as did my accountant two years ago)...I'm so glad everyone else thinks it's so funny!
Susann S.
Pittsburgh, PA"

Susann, I know your dogs aren't as bad as the dog in the photo, but I thought the photo added a bit more humor to your story. Thanks for sharing!

Do you have a story you would like to share regarding how you have used Studio?

No comments:

Post a Comment